Limit of 100 photos in a result?

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:53 AM
Hi,

Well after solving my other problem I decided to test my application before publishing it again.

It turns out my test wasn't working and I couldn't figure out why until I started to debug things further.

At first I thought it was the fact I was using ViewMode.Owner so I tried photo.NsId == "me" instead.

It turns out though that the problem is the results I was getting only included the 100 most recent photos I'd taken.

Is there a way to handle the paging in the API somehow so I can iterate through more results?

Thanks,

Jon
Jan 15, 2009 at 5:56 AM
Nevermind sorry I noticed the comment on the home page allowed me to figure it out:
- Take and Skip methods. Eg. Skip(1).Take(20), means - Page 2, page length 20

Now I just need to figure out why my deletion of photos isn't working and I'll be done.  :)

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2009 at 6:28 AM
Hi,
By default flickr returns 100 photos unless otherwize take or skip is mentioned. Please also take a look at the readme.txt provided with the Library (not the source) in the release page.

try this for delete

var query = from photo in context.Photos
                  select Photo.

IList<Photo> list = query.ToList();

foreach (Photo p in list)
{
     context.Remove(p);
     context.SubmitChanges();
}
Hope that helps,

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM
That bit I had read and figured out.

The problem was that you can only remove photos that were in the current page of your last query.

Once I had that figured out I just wrote another query (essentially a SQL IN) to select the photos I wanted to delete with a dummy query prior to calling remove for each photo.

If you want to see what I've done you can see it here:
http://flickrdedupr.rpgaddicts.net/

Thanks again for the library.  I imagine it saved me a lot of time, even with the few hiccups I had.  :)

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Edited Jan 20, 2009 at 6:51 AM
Cool .. i will sure check that out. I am the process of updating library . That wont require any Cache folder anymore. I will IsolatesStorage for that. Also, i will few new features like :Albums.